About the artist
Cristina Balan is an abstract artist. Born in Moldova, she studied arts from the age of five. Very early on, her works were exhibited at various artistic performances in Moldova and abroad. The fall of the Soviet Union paused Cristina’s creative ascension, as after graduating the School of Fine Arts she had to work in the corporate world to be able to support herself. In her thirties, she became a prominent business community leader, and in early forties was appointed as the Ambassador to the United States.
In 2019, after an almost 20-year hiatus from painting, Cristina returned full-time to art, her abstract paintings being quickly noticed and appreciated by the public. Contemporary art magazines featured her works. Her paintings have been displayed in art shows in Washington D.C., New York City, and Kiev. Cristina’s works are currently featured by art galleries from NYC, Tokyo, Barcelona and Treviso, as well as artsy.com.
Exhibitions & Publications
2019, Washington D.C. Group art show organized by Women Diplomatic Series and the Embassy of Moldova in the United States of America
2019, Chisinau: Solo art show “Universe” at the National Palace of the Republic of Moldova
2020, New York City. “Muse” group art show hosted by Gallery 104
2020, Chisinau. Solo Art Show “Transformation” hosted by Lab-13
2020, Barcelona. Interview and cover with Diafano modern art magazine
2020, London: feature in Art Hole Magazine
2021, London: feature in the Boomer art magazine
2021, Kiev: Group art show “Ecological Rakurs” hosted by the National Folk Decorative Art Museum.
2021, Ontario: Art show “Love – 2021” powered by Exhibizone, Biafarin
- Sciusev School of Fine Arts, Moldova
- Expressionist Abstract Art class with Tommas Hammar, Sweden
- “Jump into Abstract Painting” course with Tracy Verdugo, Austalia
- “Palette Knife Painting Techniques”, “Ink from A to Z”, “Free Motion Technique” with Oleg Iyrov, Ukraine
- “mArten” artist coaching project with Oleg Iyrov, Ukraine
- “Acrylic Painting” with Laure Anne, USA
- “Abstract Painting” with Joy Fahey, UK
- Art Business Academy, Kiev, Ukraine